« OpenVMS, it isn't as dead as you may think | Main | Make your own online comics »

If you don't understand, you are the other 10%

A former colleague of mine had a twist on the Pareto Principle (otherwise known as the 80/20 rule) which he called the "ten percenters".  In the IT world, I have found this (henceforth to be referenced as the TASH Principle) to be somewhat true, that 90% of your time is spent placating the most vocal 10% of the end user population.  The inverse to this is that work done the other 10% of the time to service the other 90% of the population will account for 100% of your progress towards any organizational recognition if effort.  This 10% of the end user population is the same group that causes people in help desk or desktop support IT jobs to go slowly insane.

 

The TASH Principle 

Bookmark and Share

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.spectrox.com/blog-mt/mt-tb.fcgi/107