It is hard to believe, but Miles has been with us two months already! While our sleep deficit is piling up, Miles has been an amazing baby. He is incredibly strong, has an infinite appetite, and has an amazing smile that keeps coming up more and more often. For this I give you exhibit A:
Over the past few weeks I have found several things to be true.
- As much as I think recycling is good and purchasing organic/green products makes sense, if someone were to take away my right to use disposable diapers I think I would have a violent reaction. I'll buy carbon credits or whatever, just leave me the sweet disposable diapers that are super absorbent and have reclosable velcro.
- There is this magic stuff called Mylicon which gets rid of gas in babies. Why didn't anyone tell us about this elixir before Miles was born!
- At a certain point there is an equilibrium between sleep deficit and the threshold of crying that wakes you up. At this point I might be able to sleep through a Southern Pacific train rolling through the bedroom.
- As noted in item three, the crew at Rancho Relaxo are all tired. Caffeine is helpful, but at a certain point you are just very awake and not useful, as some of my co-workers may have (or hopefully have not) noticed. In this instance you sort of stare at the monitor and try to look busy.
- In the first few weeks Miles had terrible diaper rash. We tried a lot of products until we were told to try the Burt's Bees Baby Bee Diaper Ointment. Pure Magic! Thanks to Lisa and Karen for recommending this one.
- You don't love your pets less when you have a baby. Maybe they get a little less attention, but everyone should have room enough in their hearts for babies and furry creatures.